About UsOur Story
Autism Step-up was born from a personal need of the founding family. Here is our story:
As a family,
we decided to step in and
create the solution to the problem
we are uniquely qualified to solve
- Evaluation in a safe and friendly environment
- Safe training facilities that take autism needs into account
- Companies to provide autistic adults with job opportunities
- Care families to teach them to take care of themselves
We want them to use their passions to fulfill their dreams.
Autism Step-up’s mission is to:
- Provide a safe environment for adults with Autism to identify their full potential
- Treat applicants with dignity
- Channel them into a vocational direction that corresponds with their abilities and passions
- Respect the rights, strengths, passions and differences of each stakeholder
- Create a safe environment for all involved during our processes
03. Why Us?
Enhance their financial sustainability by providing training
Help them to become self-sufficient with practice and hard work
Build self-esteem by creating a winning environment
Increase their quality of life by living a fulfilling life
Facilities & Training
An assessment facility to determine the skills of each applicant.
A training center for basic workforce skills and various training programmes
Develop adult autism potential
Be a voice for adults with Autism in the community
Empower companies to be able to use autistic people
Train care families to take care of autistic adults on a personal level
Grow participants into being financially active and self-sustaining.
Industries Where Autism Is An Advantage
Participating companies provide on the job training. The candidate is placed as an intern to gain workplace experience and to build their CV. We identified areas like IT, gaming, telecomms.
Candidates only during the 2019 intake
Applications are now open for adults of between 18 and 45 years of age, with ASD (borderline and higher) We’re giving them a chance to thrive
A Team Of Professionals
Schalk Van Zyl
Strategy, Communication and Technical Aspects
Cathy Van Zyl
Co-ordinator, Research and Safety
KERSTIN VAN DER NEUT
What We Do Best
We create job opportunities suited to your needs as an autistic adult
We identify your passion, aptitude and skills at our assessment centre
Training centre for autistic trainees only. Are you 18-45 yrs old? What do you want to do?
Life skills training
Unique Autism specific life skills training to help you reach your full potential
IT SKills training
IT skills training for autistic adults that has the interest and aptitude for IT work
We help you build your resume via our internship placement program